XMRV webinar med Dr. Lucinda Bateman
XMRV: Implications for CFS
Speaker: Lucinda Bateman, MD of Fatigue Consultation Clinic in Salt Lake City
Moderated by Suzanne D. Vernon, PhD
Date: Monday, January 18, 2010
Time: 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM EST (Kl 20.00 norsk tid)
Reserve your Webinar seat now at: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/738649729
Dr. Lucinda Bateman, an internist whose practice is dedicated to the management and care of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and fibromyalgia, walks through the basics of the latest research linking XMRV (a human retrovirus) and CFS. She will also share some insights into what this discovery might mean for the field and for patients, as well as her perspective on other current research efforts.
Dr. Suzanne Vernon
is the CFIDS Association’s scientific director. She holds her doctorate in virology from the University of Wisconsin and had 17 years experience in public health research on infectious diseases before joining the Association’s staff in 2007 to lead its research program. Dr. Vernon will moderate the program. For up-to-date information about XMRV including links to three articles written by Dr. Vernon about recent studies, please visit the Association’s web site at http://www.cfids.org/XMRV/default.asp
Directions for Participating in the Webinar:
– Register at https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/738649729
– You will need to have online and telephone (or VOIP) access to both see the slide presentation and hear the audio presentation.
– After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
– The event is free to attend. If you connect to the audio using telephone, you will be charged for the cost of your telephone call. Audio access is free is you have VoIP (voice over Internet protocol).
– You must preregister in order to participate.
– Participation is limited, so please register as soon as possible.
– The program will be archived on our web site for later access by participants and those not able to take part in the «live» online event.
Required: Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer