Amerikanske helsemyndigheter gjennomgår XMRV/MLV-risikoen i blodbeholdningen
14-15 desember 2010 skal Blood Products Advisory Committee ha møte for å gjennomgå risikoen for XMRV/MLV-retrovirus i blodbeholdningen ved å la ME-pasienter og Prostatakreft-pasienter gi blod:
«FDA is seeking the advice of the Blood Products Advisory Committee (BPAC) on the deferral of donors based on a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) or Prostate Cancer (PC) and testing for the newly identified MLV-related human retroviruses (that include XMRV) associated with CFS and PC that may pose a concern for blood safety.»
Det skal diskuteres følgende punkter:
- Evaluation of Transfusion Risk
- Donor Deferral for risk of MLV-related infection in patients with a diagnosis of CFS and PC
- Detection methods
Spørsmål til The Blood Products Advisory Committee:
- Do the scientific data support asking donors about a medical history and/or diagnosis of CFS as a basis for indefinite deferral?
- Please discuss whether the scientific data support asking donors about a medical history and/or diagnosis of prostate cancer as a basis for indefinite deferral.
- Please comment on the scientific evidence that would be needed to justify a policy of donor testing for infection with MLV-related human retroviruses. In particular, should donor testing be considered in the absence of confirmed disease causation?
- Assuming that testing is warranted, please comment on the potential utility of NAT and/or serologic testing of blood donations to ensure safety of the blood supply from transmission of MLV-related human retroviruses.
Les alt om møtet HER
Les på norsk med Google Translater HER